TERMS & CONDITIONS
This website is owned and operated by Desert Learning Ltd. These Terms set forth the terms and conditions under which you may use our website and services as offered by us. This website offers visitors products relating to teaching and learning English. By accessing or using the website of our service, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
Who can use our website?
In order to use our website and/or receive our services, you must be at least 18 years of age, or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into these Terms as a binding agreement. You are not allowed to use this website and/or receive services if doing so is prohibited in your country or under any law or regulation applicable to you.
Purchasing from us
When buying an item, you agree that: (i) you are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a commitment to buy it: (ii) you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item and you complete the check-out payment process.
The prices we charge for using our services / for our products are listed on the website. We reserve the right to change our prices for products displayed at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. Additional information about pricing and sales tax is available on the payments page.
The fee for the services and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged per transaction.
Acceptable Use Policy
We own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights associated with the content, save where otherwise stated.
Except as specifically stated in these terms, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from us:
· Reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the content;
· Redistribute any of the content (including by using it as part of any library, archive or similar service);
· Remove the copyright or trademark notice(s) from any copies of content made in accordance with these terms;
· Reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the content;
· Create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all and any of the content. Requests to republish, redistribute or link to content should be addressed to Desert Learning email@example.com
· You acknowledge that Desert Learning Ltd is a trademark and that you may not use it without the written permission of Desert Learning
You agree not to:
·Impersonate another person or use a false name or a name you are unauthorised to use or create a false identity or e-mail address or try to mislead others as to the identity or origin of any communications;
· Modify, access or make available data stored on a computer device which you have accessed through our network, when either the owner of the data, computer or device has taken steps to prevent you from doing this or the owner has expressed a wish that you do not do this;
· Make available or upload files that contain software or other material, data or information not owned or licensed to you or collect information about others (eg names/addresses) without their prior consent;
·Damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Website or do anything which may interrupt or impair their functionality;
·Save as authorised in these terms, make any commercial or business use of the Website or resell or commercially benefit from any part or aspect of the Website;
· Publish, post, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or other unlawful or objectionable material or information;
· Threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
· Make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, "trojan horses", "worms" or any other harmful software;
· Falsify the true ownership of software or other material or information contained in files made available via the Website;
· Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the Website, other services or computer systems or areas of our or any of our partners' networks which are identified as restricted;
· Set up links to the website, except to the home page of Desert Learning (www. desertlearning.com) without express written permission from the Web Master.
We retain the absolute right to prevent you accessing the Website, without prejudice to any of our accrued rights, where we in our sole discretion consider that you are contravening our Acceptable Use Policy or any other aspect of these terms.
Retention of right to change offering
We may, without prior notice, change the services; stop providing the services or any features of the services we offer; or create limits for the services. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend access to the services without notice and liability for any reason, or for no reason.
You agree that we have no control over third party content and information which can be accessed using the Website and that we do not examine or edit the use to which you or others put the Website or the nature of the content or information being accessed and that we are excluded from all liability of any kind arising from such content or information.
You furthermore agree to indemnify us in the manner set out below in these terms in relation to your use in any way of the Website.
We reserve the right to remove any information/material we deem to be in breach of any of these terms without notice, and without prejudice to any other accrued rights, and/or to make available such information/material when required to do so by law or when requested to do so by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations.
We take all such steps as are reasonably necessary to provide a fast and reliable service, but exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any liability for the security of the services on the Website or for any disruption of the Website however caused, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material when downloaded onto any computer systems.
We provide the Website on an "as is" basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind as to the Website or the content. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the content published on the Website. Any liability, however it occurs, for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify and hold Desert Learning Ltd and any of our employees harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses of any character incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from your use of, or conduct on, the Website and/or a breach of the Acceptable Use Policy and/or any of these terms.
Changes to Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to modify these terms from time to time at our sole discretion. Therefore, you should review these page periodically. When we change the Terms in a material manner, we will notify you that material changes have been made to the Terms. Your continued use of the Website or our service after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future version of the Terms, do not use or access (or continue to access) the website or the service.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall (subject to the paragraph below) have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms.
For our exclusive benefit, we shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of your country of residence or, where these terms are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of your principal place of business.
We will not respond unless required to do so by law to any electronic mail ("e-mail") which contains threatening, abusive, malicious, pornographic, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal or inappropriate material. We reserve the right to take such action as we in our sole discretion deem fit in respect of such material.
Unless you indicate to the contrary all e-mails received will be taken to be submitted, where appropriate, for publication, free of charge. If we decide to publish an e-mail from you on the Website we will incur no liability to you by doing so.
Where appropriate we will endeavour to respond to e-mails with 2 days of receipt, but we cannot and do not guarantee to respond to e-mails. E-mails will generally be stored for 12 months after which time they will automatically be deleted. An e-mail sent to the incorrect destination is liable to be deleted immediately and if you are unsure of the correct destination for your e-mail please contact us.
Where the Website requires that you register in order to use it, you are obliged to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to update and maintain any changes to that information (including your e-mail address) by altering your details as appropriate.
Any other person sharing your user name and password; Access through a single user name and password being made available to multiple users on a network. When you register to use the Website, you will be obliged to click on an icon indicating that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions. You will not be allowed to register unless you indicate your acceptance of these terms and any other terms and conditions that may apply.